Friday, February 21, 2014

FRENCH DRESSER

(March 2012)
First I applied a stripper- let it sit an hour or so, then I started slowly removing the paint with a paint scrapper


Round one of removing paint... moving onto round two

Drawers are almost done... I removed the hardware first and washed those with
soap and water

 After a little love of sanding, priming, and painting... I then took an old rag and "RAG ROLLED" the bronze glaze onto the dresser. The paint color was Pomegranite and I used a Bronze Glaze.... I then took a brush (not shown in picture) and added gold paint flakes in the design of the drawers to make them pop... added a sealer for good measure.

and... yes... I put the hardware pulls on upside down, I like them better this way...
well hey, it's my project, why not


Short Story ~ We found this for FREE on the curb ... EXCELLENT!
Total Cost: $27 (paint & bronze glaze)

No comments:

Post a Comment