Friday, February 21, 2014


HUTCH
(May 2012)


This was a special project to me mostly because our family friends loved it enough to put it in their home....

 Here's a brief run down...
- remove all glass and keep it protected
- remove doors and cupboards below
- add stripper- wait a few hours (we had to add a lot of stripper and repeat as needed)
- it took me a couple weeks to fully get this piece cleaned up and primed for painting
- the backer board was too flimsy for my liking so we replaced it with 1/4" thick ply-wood 
- the ornate piece at the top was plastic and I thought about replacing it, but I left it off and plane- in hindsight, I probably should have replaced it, but I have yet to find something I like for this piece
- the cupboards had to go so I added wine holders (my favorite feature on this one)




For the backboard I used a projector to add a design- I never claimed I was an artist :)-




Short Story ~ this piece was on the side of the road with a *FREE* sign on it, we got it in the truck and moved it w/out breaking one piece of glass- Pretty Happy :)-

No comments:

Post a Comment