Monday, March 3, 2014

Particle Board Tables
(May 2011)

I don’t have a before picture, but think of a natural wood color on a round particle board table with glass tops… boring!

Sometimes when you walk into a cottage style store, or an antique store, you see some really cute sayings... “Sweet Dreams”

I didn’t bother sanding them, I simply wiped them down, painted two coats to even out the finish and then my husband free handed the outline of the letters based on a font I picked out from the computer and I filled in with Paint, put a sealer on it, let it all dry, and then put the glass on top.

They have lasted through 2 moves, but it’s about time to retire them to someone else who may enjoy them. 



Short Story: These tables were from my college days (yup, definitely old…er)  and rather than spend more money on newer end tables for a spare bedroom I’m never in, I wanted to recycle what I had.

Total Cost: FREE  (I had everything)

No comments:

Post a Comment